Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Plugging Away

I have been knitting like mad on the newly re-christened Duchess of Cambridge Featherweight. No new pictures due to stitch count issues.
They were not entirely my fault though.
As anyone who has purchased this pattern knows, Hannah Fettig recently updated the pattern, changing the stitch counts and upsizing it. I had done my own upsizing, so I was cool with that. But then she noted that the sleeves were too full for some people. She said if you were in the middle of a sweater and wanted to follow the new version, just keep up your increases until you have the right number of sleeve stitches, then divide.
So I did. And after placing the correct number of stitches on strings to hold them, I decided to count the front and back stitches. The good news was that the fronts each matched. The bad news was that I was off a total of 28 stitches.
And that, my friends, is a difference of 4.6 inches. Not good for an ample one like me.
So, I put the stitches back on the needles, and went on increasing the fronts and backs,, but not sleeves. Got a couple extra rows to knit, but soon I hope to be dividing again.
And then I will post pictures.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments: