Monday, May 23, 2011

Felted Hat, Part 3


 Well this may not look like an improvement from the previous post, but it is.  The extra fullness on the top was deliberate.  Since I usually have my hair in a clip on the back of my head, most hats won't fit me.  This was was designed to fit over the hair clip, and also to fit my large head circumference.  After all, why should my head be skinny, when the rest of me isn't?




The hat needed to be dried and pressed next, before it was shaped and prodded into its final shape.



 And here is the finished project.  A couple pleats on one side, with one of them extending nearl all around the hat.


 And this shot, from above shows the pleats a bit better.


I really like it.  Thanks Evelyn for all the help.

1 comment:

oak haven alpacas said...

I love that it has room for a hair clip! How cleaver :)

Cara