Saturday, November 6, 2010

National Knit a Sweater Month

I mentioned in passing earlier this past week that November is National Knit a Sweater Month.  So what could I do?  I had to cast on.
The yarn is James C Bretts Marble Chunky.  A cheerful color that should go with lots.  It is acrylic, and was in the stash for a few months.  The pattern is one I got this summer at a fiber festival called The Neighbor Hoodie.  It is a hooded vest and I can't wait to get it done.
Should be a great winter/cool weather item.  And, I know, since I made a cardigan a couple years ago out of this in DK weight, this washes in the machine just wonderfully.
And besides, a vest, in chunky weight, isn't adding that much to my WIPs pile. 
Is it?

1 comment:

oak haven alpacas said...

very pretty yarn! it will be a beautiful sweater.

Cara