Sunday, November 14, 2010

Farm Guys Get 'Er Done

I got a phone call yesterday from Oldest Son.  "You home?"  "Yeah."  "Well, get outside if you want to see my new ride."
The last time I got a call like this was when he came zipping by with the super-big tractor, with tracks instead of wheels.  I could hardly wait to see what he was driving this time.

Keep in mind that most of the farm trucks he drives look like they are held together with duct tape and baler twine.  Like they would crumple if you leaned against them wrong.  Imagine my surpise to see him drive by, honking his air horn, in this beast. 
Yeah, I know the branches got in the way of the cab, but I was lucky to get it this well.  He was trucking right along, and not slowing for pictures.  I had to push the button as he entered the edge of the screen and managed to get the whole truck.  Tandem trailers, shiny tractor cab, and 11 wheels visible on this side, and probably some were duals.  That's bigger than an 18 wheeler--I guess.  I don't know much about trucks, but I knew that this far exceeded his boss's normal farm truck.
I called him back later, to report the picture turned out, he said this belonged to another farm they work picking corn at.  So he was enjoying it while he could.
This morning, on the way to church, I noticed that the farm shop had every truck they own, and then some, including the above truck and another equally nice, loaded with picked corn.  Unfortunately tomorrow they will all probably be sitting in line at the Co-Op, waiting to be weighed and dumped.
There goes opening day of deer hunting.  Maybe.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: