Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Moment of Panic

Last night, while watching election returns, I got a lot of knitting done.
I started the decreases for the raglan Wallaby sleeves. I worked on my Mr Scream Jeans moebius.
After a while, I decided to count my stitches, to help me decide on a bindoff border.
I counted right after an eyelet round, figuring it would be easier to count holes than stitches--213. Total stitch count--426. Holy crap! At 4 stitches per inch, that would be over 8 feet around.
That went into time out. I fussed all night and this morning. I couldn't believe I messed up that badly!
The book said I had the correct cast on number for the size I wanted.
Then it came to me. Total stitch count goes around me twice.
Suddenly, all was right with the world.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments: