Monday, January 11, 2010

Finished Object. Almost.

So far, 2010 has been a good year. I even made a new tag--Finished Object. I may need to go back at least to the first of this year to update posts.

This time it is the newly re-awoken Lady Eleanor Shaw. I just took it off hibernation about two weeks ago and its off the needles. And ok, I really won't count it finished until it has ends woven in and the tassels on the end. It is about 6 to 10 inches longer than the last pictures I posted last week. The light but long tassels I plan will add a little weight to each end. I will update with a picture after the tassels are on and after blocking.
On another cheerful note....Don't those snowbirds wish they had saved the gas and stayed home? Well, maybe not completely, but I am sure they aren't happy with the weather down there is week. The above picture was taken in my favorite shot across the pasture to the trees. The snow on the ground looks really gray, but look at the frost on the leaves. And this picture below is of the willows along the ditch between the two hay fields. With a few poplars thrown in for good measure.

Both pictures taken yesterday about 9:30, as I went to church.

I just love winter.

No comments: