Monday, October 19, 2009

I Have Been Spinning Too

Yes, although I mostly have been mentioning the knitting lately. I have been finishing some spinning. I just haven't had any pictures of that.
I have plied half of the 2 bobbins of black shetland and have 2 nice skeins, so I may be able to start the yoke cardi soon. I also plied 6 ounces of wool/mohair blend in shades of pink and got a nice sized skein out of that. Today at Spin guild, I started spinning some of my Leister fleece I got at the Michigan Fiber Festival. It spins up wonderfully and has a nice halo to it. I think it is whispering shawl.
On the knitting front, I have been going great guns on both the Pi Are Squared shawl. I worked on that Saturday while at an all day assembly at church. Lots of knitting done, and lots of showing the pattern as well. The Flying Geese shawl is on the home stretch. I am on the last geese section--I added one extra. I should have finished in a couple days. I won't get much done on this tomorrow: I am taking my wheel to Knit Nite this week, and besides, I need to count on the right side rows or I mess up.

No comments: