Friday, October 28, 2016

Down for the Count

My Simple Brainless Socks turned out to be not so brainless after all.

I was cruising along nicely, with my Fleegle Heel, where the heel flap also incorporates the gusset increases. I had all the necessary stitches and was well on my way with the turning of the heel, using up those heel stitches and getting back to the original number of stitches. Suddenly I realized the the heel stitches had more left on one side of the turn than on the other.

Oh oh. Several minutes of frantic counting ensued.

Out came the needles and back I frogged. (Rip-it, rip-it.) After successfully frogging back and picking up the poor stitches, I re-counted. The problem was a result of my stitch mixup earlier, when after again miscounting, I had transferred two stitches from instep needle to heel stitch needle. Turns out that was unneeded.

Everything has been sorted out. Copious notes have been made to hopefully prevent the same problem with the second sock, as well as making them both match, and I am once again short-rowing my way through the heel.

You would think after my problems counting (to 10!) with The Ten Stitch Blankie when I had to rip back one whole side, that I would have learned my lesson.

Apparently not.

No comments: