Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Happy Blogiversary to Me!

Was it only eight years ago when I began this humble blog? Way back in 2007, after seeing so many of my friends writing blogs about their knitting, I bit the bullet and signed in to blogger and started blogging.

Many of those same blogs I followed then have faded away. Others I have discovered and enjoy continue. I follow blogs of knitters in Scotland and Canada. Blogs of multi-taskers in Oklahoma, a weatherman in Grand Rapids, and a few farmers, scattered from Alberta, Canada to Wisconsin, are among those I still enjoy. Not many of those local friends still blog, at least with any regularity.

I miss those blogs I used to read that are no more. There was a knitter and backyard chicken farmer in Austrailia whose blog I particularly loved to read and miss.

Still, I trudge along with my little blathering here, grateful to whoever happens to read them. My readership has possibly increased with my discovering how to share them on Facebook. Nothing like self promotion, huh?

Sometimes it takes real effort to think of something to write, signified by longish pauses here. Other times I have so many ideas, I could post several times a day if I typed them, instead of just composing them in my head.

Blogging has been a great source of discipline. It keeps me on task with my knitting and writing, even if I sometimes need to be reminded by a friend when it has been a while since a post. I love the challenges I sometimes set, like a poem a day for a month, or just posting daily. (November is a lousy time for National Blogging Daily Month, just saying.) I love having a reason to just write, even if I don't get many readers. Or even any readers.

So, to any of you reading this, thanks for the support. And if you start your own blog, let me know. I'd love to follow it.

 

No comments: