Saturday, August 15, 2015

Purple Knitting

While I have been continuing to work on the Gray Spiral Blankie, I have also been able to make a bit of progress on the Purple Swing Cardigan as well as on the Lavender Lace Cardigan,

I love the moment on top down sweaters when you separate the sleeve stitches from the body stitches. Suddenly it starts to look sweater-like. There are still a lot of stitches on the needle, but not nearly so many as there were. It is in a good place for my road trip on Thursday down by St. Joe. Straight stockinette for several inches. I think now this project will be sitting out week, waiting for the ride down to help my friend prepare her classroom for this year's crop of first graders.

The Lavender Lace Cardi is going to be my "go to" knitting for this week, supplemented by either my car sock project, now on magic loop, or the Raspberry Creme shawl. That hasn't see a loft of action with the baby knitting going on, but it is also easy and would be a good back up knitting for Knit Nite or road trip. The Lavender Lace requires a bit of concentration and is sometimes a bad choice for Knit Nite.

As the mother of the forthcoming grandniece said today, I hope the sonogram tech didn't misread the signs. Me too. I don't think a little boy would be able to pull off the purple and lace.

No comments: