Saturday, August 29, 2015

A New Knit?

I recently was bitten by a new knitting bug. Big surprise, right? But I can't postpone this one. It is absolutely seasonal.

It's the Scoreboard Knit Along(or KAL). I am having trouble inserting a link with this app. So let's see if this works:

http://scoreboardkal.com/

It is a KAL for making a cowl that is reflective of your favorite football teams season. The pattern isn't available until 4 days 17 hours and 54 minutes and 44 seconds as I type this. The general theme of the pattern is that one row is knit in your teams main color every time they score for every point they score. The alternate color is knit for every point the opposing team scores, in the order that the points are scored. Then I decided to go for the option for a third color, separating each game. I will also use that for the cast on and grafting the two ends together, marking the beginning and end of the of the season with extra rows in that color.

Although I am not a huge football fan (we try to avoid it in our house), I decided to make one following the Detroit Lions.

This is as close as I could get to Honolulu Blue and Silver. I am going with a deep charcoal grey to separate the games. And I have a friend who watches the Lions faithfully who is going to keep track of the score for me, while attempting to crochet one of her own. I just need to keep up each week with knitting the previous weeks game. On with the Lions 2015 Scoreboard Cowl!

But one question remains. If the Lions are Blue, and the opponents are silver, should I have gotten an extra skein of silver?

1 comment:

yarn2spin said...

I thought this was to make watching the game manageable for those of us into knitting and not into football. I'd be on the edge of my seat waiting for the next point so I could start a new row.