Monday, July 27, 2015

Beef. It's What's For Dinner

Or soon will be.

While in the midst of my madcap Saturday travels, one of my friends texted me to see if I knew anyone with some corn fed beef for sale. I didn't think so then. But when my brain cleared the next day, I remembered that Older Son has some rather large ones that could be ready soon.

So I texted her back. I texted him. He called, she called, I called them both. Back and forth until today, we had a beef to load out for her.

As luck would have it, Older Son had just weighed them before we talked yesterday. So price and weight were ready. Unfortunately, "Angus Cross" apparently remembered the ride. And didn't want another. Even when I promised he would never have any after this one.

After an hour, Cow Girl called Older Son who sent in reinforcements. And when help came, it only took a few more minutes to get him in.

Whew!

I think we earned that trucking fee today.

And when I cooled down, I knit.

No comments: