Sunday, September 7, 2014

There Is a Reason Its a Classic

About two years ago, I knit a Baby Surprise Jacket for a friend at church who was having a baby. I had fun with the stripes as I knit it and it was received happily.
The final edition of the sweater shown above had some snappy yellow buttons. It was rather large, having been knit in worsted weight. And, being garter, it has abundant stretchiness.
I was greeted today by the mother telling me how much she still loves that sweater. He is still fitting into that sweater.
Long lasting. A fun knit. Loved by mothers. No wonder the Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann is such an enduring classic pattern.
The future bodes well for the Farmall Jacket. As well as the other BSJ has been waiting a year in my wool room for a baby.

No comments: