Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Knitting Adventure

Such fun.  The Farm All Jacket is completely off the needles.  It still needs the ends woven in and the seams stitched.  But even so, the transformation from a red and black blob
 to a precious sweater is pretty amazing.
The knitting continues on the Sweet Pea cardigan for my grandbaby, Lil' Farmer, as well.  I finally started the garter stitch edging and after that it will be sleeves and button bands.
But my big knitting news is that I finally purchased my first Custom Fit pattern from Amy Herzog Designs and will be starting a new cardigan for me.  The link above is to the Custom Fit website.  It is a intriguing notion.  You measure yourself very thoroughly and enter into the website.  Then knit a substantial swatch, and calculate the number of inches over a number of stitches you mark off.
That swatch, using Brown Sheep Yarn's Lamb's Pride wool/mohair blend is about 12 inches long.  And after counting the number of stitches and rows in that area, you measure the length and depth of the marked off area.  Then Custom Fit will generate a pattern to fit your gauge.  And you get to pick the type of pattern you want,  Pullover, cardigan, vest, short sleeve, vee-neck, scoop neck, etc.  The pattern wizard generates your pattern, to your gauge, and your measurements.  After paying the fee ($9.99) you can get your pdf and start knitting.
That is nearly 9 skeins of Blue Blood Red waiting for my needles.  So, if you will excuse me.  I will be starting a new project now.

No comments: