Tuesday, December 31, 2013

And Looking Forward Too

After reviewing last year's knitting goals yesterday, I thought I should set some knitting goals for 2014. All planning is subject, of course, to impending babies, and other knitting emergencies.

First off, I WILL finish the black cotton cardigan. I am down to the last few small skeins and am constantly measuring for length. I probably should give it a "try on" again soon. But I hope to finish that some time in January.

After that, I hope to finish some more WIPs, (Works In Progress): during the year. I will also reassess if some of them need frogged, in view of my class I took on Craftsy, Fit to Flatter. I think my gansey may fall into that category...it may be way oversized. I also have hopes of a couple doll sweaters, one with a matching sweater for Lil Farm Gal.

I also will try to complete the some Craftsy classes I bought on sale, but haven't had time to finish. I am specifically thinking of s shawl class, and perhaps the Celtic sweater class. I could maybe use the yarn from the gansey if I frog it.

And last of all, although not last in 2014.....

I will start AND finish (I hope!) a sweater for me, out of this. Wonderland yarn, in fingering weight superwash merino in the Plum Cake color way. I will either use a Custom Fit pattern, or something out of one of the Knitter's Handy Books, with set-in sleeves knit in one piece. I'm thinking lace. It was my last big splurge. Over 2500 yards. Yummy!

Anything new that I make should also be out of stash yarn. The Good Lord knows I have plenty. And with no funds for new yarn, I will be doing lots of stash diving. Luckily much of the stash is in shawl and sweater quantities.

Happy knitting and stay warm in 2014 to you all.

No comments: