Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Social Networking Comes Through

My post from last night came through for me.  I got a reply on FaceBook about the fiber.
According the the amazing Rachel of Counting Sheep Farm, and Ewe Hottie, I was right.  The fiber was from her booth.  I think I got it from her rapidly dwindling supply over a year ago at the Michigan Fiber Festival in Allegan. 
The fiber is her cormo, plus alpaca and silk from my friend and shetland source, Sheila.  It is almost scary how I guessed the fiber content of that.
On the knitting front, I am on the home stretch on the Leftover Pi shawl, shown below.
I am probably three quarters through the border.  Last night at Knit Nite I had a great chance to spread it out on one of the round tables.  The colors are blacker than shown here.  I am beginning I will need to block this either folded in half, with the fan on, or else first one half and then the other.  But the eyelet rows will need the blocking to fully bring them out.
Warm and toasty.  I look forward to using this, whether as a shawl, or afghan.  If to awkward to wear, it will still use as lap robe or afghan.  But I have to wear it enough to show people how to wear it.  I still have people asking where is the hole to put over my head.

No comments: