Monday, March 14, 2011

Ingrid Rocks

As much as I admit I love old movies, I must confess I only knew Ingrid Bergman from from "Casablanca", and "The Bells of St. Mary's".  But these past two nights I've fallen in love with her again.
Last night it was "Joan of Arc". She was so good. It's sad that the movies fame was overshadowed by the scandal in her personal life shortly after its release. (Being Pregnant by a married Rossolini.) Once that story broke, attendance at this wonderful changed to sell outs, to empty theaters.
And tonight, "The Inn of the Sixth Happiness" based on a true story of an English missionary on China leading 100 orphans across rivers and mountains while avoiding Japanese soldiers. I wept like a baby. It was great.
I recommend both movies highly. Very highly.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: