Friday, December 31, 2010

WIP Club

The more I mull it over, the more I like it.
The idea of making a self-imposed club, like the Yarn Harlot's sock club that is.  I gave a list a couple days ago of WIPs I have, although it may be an incomplet list.  I will continue to scour the stash to see what I can find.
So my knitting New Year's Resolution will be to finish as many WIPs as I can.
But, new projects will be accepted. 
Speaking of new projects, above is the beginning of the lace border for the tunic for Flo's granddaughter, Sandra.  Once I figured out the transition between the repeats of the 2 charts involved, it went well.  I will have to chart another couple little patterns before I get to the body of the Tunic.  But at least this part is going fairly well.
And the pink mystery project?  Notice the short rows developing?  This is of course, Elizabeth Zimmermann's ribwarmer that I have been mulling over for some time.   About half way throuth the short rows on first corner, and then can start increasing back and completing the curve.   Just like the Baby Surprise Jacket, I am having trouble visualizing the fit from this, but am going forward with confidence.
I will have to figure out how to put a WIP completed counter or list on the blog to hold myself accountable I guess. Hmmmmmm.  Must think on that.

No comments: