Monday, December 14, 2009

Yet Another Finished Project

Let's face it. Lately I've been a knitting fool. This is the Milkweed Shawl by Laura Chau. I started on November 30, and frogged the next 2 days, so this took less than 2 weeks. It is made of Alpaca Sox.

I have another skein in a soft mauvy pink, the same yarn to knit one up for the fair's silent auction. Since the pattern asks that it not be used for commercial puposes, I wrote and got her permission to use for the auction. I only have to list the pattern name and designer name and website. If any of my readers want to get one the lazy way, be sure to come and bid at fair time.
If anyone is inspired to try this pattern, I want to warn you that I upsized the needle to a size 7 to get the size I wanted. I also used almost all of the yarn and this skein had 100 more yards than the pattern called for, since I did use a larger gauge.
I also finished the first mitten of the pair of red thrummed mittens.

It does look better on the outside than the inside I showed in a previous post. I have a bunch of thrumms ready to knit up into the next mitten. It is really warm.
On another note, I went in to sit with a phone rep to see if I am still interested in trying for the job I was contacted about last week. I am and hope to hear more from them. They are looking to start people the end of January or so. But first I have to take a test tomorrow, online and then make it through the interview.

No comments: