Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Shades of Mark Twain

I did get pictures of my sweater at Knit Night last night and will be posting them soon.  I also got a couple updated pictures of the warm fuzzy mass that is my Pi Are Square shawl.  I have started new knitting, the Milkweed Shawl in alpaca sock yarn.  I have frogged and changed needle sizes upwards once, and may decide to to it again.  I am debating that issue in my head.
 
The funny was that one of the gals was telling me her husband that I had died.  He was reading the obituaries in the paper and told her that lady you knit with died.  You know, Bob A---'s daughter.  She looked at it and said, no she's married and her name changed.   We got a good chuckle out of it last night. 
 
So when I looked through the local paper today, I checked out the obituaries as usual.  This time I was startled to see my name, from my hometown.  Whoa.
 
Wait, it was my maiden name, and I am still here after all.  It is a strange experience to see your own name in the obituaries when you live in a small town and know so many people.  The strange thing was that I didn't know this woman whose married name was my maiden name. 
 
I feel like Mark Twain today. It seems that reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

No comments: