Monday, November 2, 2009

Two at a Time Fronts

I am experimenting on my fronts for the Old Jeans sweater.
Having finished the back of the sweater, I started the fronts. Yes, I said fronts, plural.
The experiement is that I started both fronts on one circ at the same time. I have read other knitting blogs where they do that and I decided to give it a try.

The main reason for trying the two at a time technique was that I was doing cables up the front, next to the button bands. I wanted to make sure that I don't mis-count and that I mirror the cables. Well, I can still mis-count the rows between twists, at least I can make sure that both fronts are mis-counted the same amount. Hopefully that won't be a problem, since the little pink and blue markers are being moved as I work each cable and enable me to accurately count the rows from the last cable.

Now I just hope and pray I don't run out of yarn. I have more than enough from what the pattern calls for. BUT--I have looked at several other patterns for similar styles, and they call for much more. At least I don't need very long arms. And I could always sew the shoulders and work the button band before I knit the sleeves. I like 3/4 length sleeves. On me, they usually feel full length anyway.

No comments: