Monday, January 23, 2017

Stash Busting

Today was Spin Guild, postponed a week due to the Senior Center being closed last week.  And even though I brought my knitting, due to my bum knee, I did bring fiber.
A few days ago I was tossing stash in my Wool Room and knew some had to go.  My spinning fiber stash was well beyond the SABLE level.  SABLE stands for "Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy".  My fiber room definitely reflected that status.
I pulled out a gold and red bag to start with, then two bags of light blue Corridale cross.  A one pound bag of a pine green and brown combed top, a big bag of peachy Merino roving from Stonehedge Mills, some possible alpaca, and various bits of other rovings.  I had three large garbage bags full. Plus the merino in a separate bag of fluff.  I didn't look too closely.  I didn't want to be tempted.
Once at the meeting place, I lugged them in, plus my coffee, purse and knitting bag, all in one trip.  (Whew!). Then I dumped it down and told the others to have at it.  None of it was coming home with me.
There was some unclaimed, but that is going to be passed on to another spin group that meets farther north.
On my way home I picked up a four foot closet rod and tossed the aluminum rack that had been sagging and dropping hangers of clothes in my wool room.  While I was setting it up, I found the original bag of red gold roving that started it all.  I know just where it is going.  Not on my shelf either.
 
I put in the new closet pole, hung summer clothes and put some of my remaining roving on the corner shelf.
 
I have walking around room again.  And I found of the second pound of pine green and brown top. 
 
Thursday, it will go to live with the first pound.  
Sweater quantity!  That's always a good thing!

No comments: