Saturday, February 22, 2014

The So Sari Shawl Finished

The fuzzy wuzzy sari silk yarn has been transformed in to a wonderful shawl.  And with about a skein to spare as well.

The yarn over holes are a bit subtle but their still add an airy quality.  Funny thing though; as holey as it is, it is very warm.  As I finished it during the recent (and very brief) warm spell I wrapped it around me as I knit the last few rows.  And it was very warm.
It has been passed on to it's owner and I am back to working on the Duchess of Cambridge cardigan.  I hope to cast off the second sleeve either today or tomorrow.  Then comes the long task of picking up the stitches up one side, around the neck and down the other side.  And some tedious hours of 1 x 1 ribbing to finish that project.
This shawl was project five for this year.    I promise not start anything new until I finish the cardigan and SWestie shawl.
Except for a possible pair of socks.
I hope.

No comments: