Thursday, February 27, 2014

Now Is The Winter of Our Discontent?

Many of my friends, neighbors, and others across West Michigan have been channeling William Shakespeare and Richard III lately.  Conversations and FaceBook are awash with mutterings and grumblings about the weather.  And the temperatures.
And I have to confess that, contrary to popular opinion.....I am not one of them.
I have been completely enjoying this winter.  Sure, I got stuck in the driveway one evening.  I have arthritis in my knee and hands that has started acting up more. And it is hard to convince Lizzy, my dog, that she really needs to take a walk some days.
But come summer, when the heat of July and August are once again upon us, I will be longing for weather like this again.  This is not the winter of my discontent.

No comments: