Sunday, September 15, 2013

It's Finished

After a bit of delay last evening for barn repair and gate hanging, I managed to finish Grace's Wallaby just a short while ago. The gate hanging was necessitated when Younger Son and Hubby tried to put two cattle totaling four foot wide in a pen with a gate three foot wide. And as any farmer knows, cattle won't go through a gate single file if they can almost fit double wide. "Almost" being the key word there.

Anyway, after all my baby sweaters from earlier this year, this one sure seemed to take a long time. Over a month. While there was no way that Gertrude could really model this sweater, she did consent to let me drape it over her.

I also, thanks to my most recent Craftsy class, managed to do an actual Kitchener stitch, on garter stitch. Needle and thread and everything.

It may not be perfect, but it's darn near. The grafted seam is on the middle of the right side and it blends right in.

I'm happy with it. I hope she likes it.

And now, on to the black cotton cardi. At least until time to start my October Knit Along.

 

No comments: