Thursday, August 29, 2013

AWOL

Gosh, has it really been more than ten days? That isn't the way to build a loyal reader base. I have been busy though.

The wallaby sweater for Grace has two sleeves ready to join. And the body is growing right along. I have finished the pocket flap and another couple inches or so on the body before I join it to the pocket.

And I have started a new project with the black cotton sport weight.

I just love the feel of the the Knit Pick's Shine so I dug out my Knitter's Handy Book of Top Down Sweater Patterns. I am working on making a raglan cardigan with 3/4 sleeves and adding an eyelet row every few rows. With larger needles, and with lighter colored ones it is going well so far. I ordered some new needle tips fir my Knit Picks Options in the light color--Sunstruck, so I can switch to longer needles when needed. And still see the needles.

I like this project so much I even went button shopping: clear flowery ones, a tonal gray set, and some shiny little black ball buttons. I am leaning toward the clear ones right now. Whatever I don't use will be added to the button can.

No comments: