Wednesday, January 2, 2008

One Last Day of Rest

I truly enjoy having an extra day off, as most of the world returns to work. After delivering Younger Son to school, I got a few things from Wal-Mart, and then off to the library. I much prefer cruising the Net and making my posts from there on the hi-speed connection available there, as opposed to dial-up at home. After my Oldest son connected at home several times, and then tried it on a wireless from a local parking lot hot spot, I never see him on the computer at home any longer.
All in all, this has been a fairly productive time off. I finished the Cherry Festival baby sweater, except for buttons, BUT all the ends are woven in. And I have made amazing progress on the Entrelac shawl. I can't wait for that to be finished.
I will soon have to start with the Cherry Festival blankie, but am confident that will not be a problem, as long as my great neichew does not make an early appearance. I have over 2 and a half months yet.
And this week starts spinning, new time, same place. If I can't make it every week, especially once the NASCAR truck season starts, I can at least make one or 2 a month. I better get home and start spinning some more of my rose gray alpaca. If I don't hurry, Jane will be done with hers before I am with mine.

No comments: