Monday, February 13, 2017

2017 Goal Roundup--Readingwise

I finished a couple of books and e-books in the last couple days.  One was even part of my reading goals for the year.
The e-book Mother Teresa (Revised Edition): An Authorized Biography was started just a bit last year and I finally finished it Sunday.  So that is one of my non-fiction list that I can cross off.  I also caught up to the December 2016 National Geographic in my Zinio account.  Considering that at one time I was almosr a year behind, that is some progress.
Of course I have also finished two fiction books since the middle of last week.  I mentioned when I set my goals that the fiction would take care of itself.
I usually give up reading fiction during Lent.  It is a way of fasting from frivolous thoughts.  This year, I am considering a more serious spiritual reading plan.  It involves reading scripture as well as a plan for spiritual reading that builds as you go along.  I'm not sure if I want to tackle it for Lent, or  wait till later, but I have all the recommended books lined up.
 
Of course you can't really read your way into heaven, but just like Community Bible Study, it will build the foundation of knowledge to help me share my faith with others.  As the back cover says, "Spiritual reading arms us for battle."  Having a preplanned, progressive plan will help me read with a purpose.
And I can still return to my fiction and mysteries after Lent.

No comments: