Saturday, October 24, 2015

This and That, With Yarn

I find myself hovering from WIP to WIP (Work In Progress) lately. After the weekly football game, I devote myself to the Scoreboard Cowl. These have been high scoring games, at least for the opponents, so I usually finish them late Sunday or sometime on Monday.

I finally changed the status of the Purple Swing Cardigan to finished, with the addition of the ribbon.

You can tell by my sloppy bow that, being the mother of boys only, I never quite mastered a neat bow. But the cardigan is all ready to exchange for a cuddle when the little Purple Princess is in the neighborhood visiting her grandparents. I only hope she doesn't blow out her diaper on me, like her brother did when I met him.


I have been working a lot on the Baby Hap Shawl. I know that is a crappy name, but the shawl/blankie will be wonderful when it is finished. There will be color, but not until the center square is finished. Right now this is my principal project.

I just haven't taken a recent picture, but it has grown a lot from this.

And today....

I swatched. From bottom to top, size 7, 8, 9, and 6 needles in the Coopworth/Teesdale handspun I coerced Sandy into buying when we were at the Fiber Festival last month. I agreed to knit a Traveling Woman Shawl for her, so I will let her pick the fabrics she likes. Even the size six needle this is a slightly larger gauge than called for, but with a shawl, it isn't too critical. We will go for the stitch she likes best. I'm leaning towards the top one, size six. I have plenty of time to finish that, it only needs to be done in time for her cruise next summer.

Hmmm. Looks like the Summer of Purple, is turning into the Winter White winter. Even though there is the Lilac Cardi and Lion's Cowl still on needles to keep it interesting. Since I don't think there is any danger of the Lions having a post season, I can start this shawl when the football season is finished.

No comments: