Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Rethinking Projects

While I am continuing to knit on Little Farmer's spiral blankie and my vest, the blankie at least is a strictly at-home project.   The patterned section definitely requires complete concentration once every eight segments.  It is brainless on seven sections, but that eighth one means it won't be traveling to Knit Night, at least until I get to the border.  I think I am going to do a garter stitch bind off at right angle to the body.  It is nice and stretchy and looks less lacy than the picot bind off the pattern calls for.
My Oatmeal Vest needs a spot of cool weather to do a lot of work on that.  Either that or air conditioning, since it is bulky wool.  It may rest for a while until closer to fall for finishing.  In the meantime, I have lots of other knitting to do.  Some may be stealth knitting, some not.  But after all that cotton for the shower gift, I think I will spend a bit of time working on that Raspberry Creme Shawl, with lace-weight wool.  My fingers are craving wool for a while and that is not too not to work on.  Cotton is cooler, but harder on the hands, since it is less stretchy.
Oh, and by the way, did I mention I won a prize at the wedding shower last Saturday?
Good think my friend Linda lives in Lansing, or she would be plotting to take it.  She loves purple.

No comments: