Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Two Fronts and a Back

I finished the second front of the Green Flowy Cardigan Sunday and blocked them both yesterday.  I wanted to do them both at the same time to match them.
I think that I need to clean off the lens on my phone.  I see the picture looks a bit cloudy here.  But after remeasuring, I discovered my row gauge is longer than I thought.  I will adjust accordingly on the sleeves and hood.  I had started the sleeves, when I got the update the I can forget the thumb holes.  Much less fiddling and they can be made to be identical.
Now that I have blocked the entire body of the sweater, I could start the hood at anytime.  I need to sew the shoulder seams first but then can start working on it.   Once I pick up the front stitches, I will need to figure out how many stitches I need to add across the back to give it some depth.
Here is  closeup of one front.  I like the cable very much.  On the hood the pattern will match so I just need to make sure I stop on either chart row 1 or 11.

No comments: