Saturday, March 29, 2014

Lace and More

Life still goes on.  I am sorry if I can't manage to post more often.  You would think that not going to work would free up lots of time,but that doesn't always seem to be the case.
Knitting has been zooming right along, in spite of everything.
Since this picture was taken I have progressed around the third corner and am starting down the last side.  The lace ends with the fourth corner and then grafting 12 stitches. Then, blocking.
I don't, as a rule block acrylic.  But after Stephanie's post at the Yarn Harlot blog this past week (you may have to read back a couple posts from the link), I feel shamed into it.  Hopefully it will help with the fuzzies and settle it down.  And it may just help fit the lace to the inside border better.  You can see a couple ruffles here, and maybe they will quiet down with the blocking.
Or not, we will see.  This is acrylic after all. 
Yeah, I know, I am a yarn snob.  I feel bad that this isn't wool, but the reciepient will be happier I think.  She is not a fibery person, or a yarn snob.
While that picture was taken Tuesday at Knt Nite, I didn't dare try to work on the border with all the chatting and such that goes on.   So I prepared before hand and also packed needles and yarn for another project. 
While I have been referring to this yarn as a medium raspberry, I see that the lable reads "dark rose heather".  Either way, I am starting a top down doll sweater, similar to the light green one I made earlier this year for a gal at church.  This one is for Lil Farm Gal's American Girl Doll, and I will be making a matching one for Lil Farm Girl as well. (Lil Farm Gal is short for Older Son's Girlfriend's Daughter.)
I have a ways to go.  But I also have another project looming as well.  More on that tomorrow.
I promise.

No comments: