Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lake Hagen Visitors

Just like the swallows that return to Capistrano, Lake Hagen gets its own visitors each spring. And last week, the geese returned to Lake Hagen.
If you look very closely they are on the far side of the" Lake." They are quite vocal about taking possession of the lake, which you may remember is a located near the house and garden, snaking through the pasture to the property line to the neighbors.
They didn't stay long however. This past weekend we were dumped on with rain, snow, slop and then temps down to 10. The lake became a ice skating pond, and the geese moved on. Now that the temps, just five days later are in the 50's, we will have to wait and see if they come back again.
An aside for those who have been interested in my employment situation. With the opening of the Terry Wantz Historical Research Center in Fremont, I am at least semi-employed. We will be having the Grand Opening later, in April but in the meantime, I have posted pictures and some information on the Cemetery Divas, my other blog which will be able to make a resurgence.
I am so happy to be back to working, doing the kind of work I love. I may not have as much knitting time in my future, but I will have cash for stash enhancement. Its all in how you look at it.

No comments: