Saturday, June 25, 2011

Swatching Delights

The sun is out.  Or it least I think that bright thing up there in the sky is the sun.  Its been so long, I'm not quite certain.  I have the finally finished the back and about half of Bettys green jacket, the alpaca silk one.  The weather has been cool enough that I could work on it.
I also worked out a knitting for yarn deal with someone else.  She tossed me a ball of handspun marl yarn, in a wonderful varigated color.  I swatched it up and this is what I ended up with.

I am going to score about 3 lbs of this, to probably make into a shawl color cardigan I think, in exchange for a couple shawls.  Lace and garter and luckily both patterns I had eyed myself.  I find myself slipping into a knitting black hole.  
But oh, what fun I will have getting in there.

No comments: