Sunday, September 26, 2010

Last Fiber Festival of the Year

Yeah, others may be headed to Rhinebeck in New York, and Ann Arbor,  but for me, that's it for this year.  No more fiber festivals in 2010.   
Sandy and I headed to the north country this past weekend for a taste of the Northern Michigan Lamb and Wool Festival in West Branch.  We shopped and browsed.  I helped her spend her money and I managed to not spend too much of my own.
The best part of going to these shows are the friends I now have as vendors--Pat, Theresa, Pam, Rachel, Allison, Mary, Rita....
I only got a couple skeins of yarn--some of Yarn Hollow's great colors. That was actually a yarn pack of about 6 skeins of merino fingering for a multicolored shawl.  And from the New Zealand wool booth I got some multi-colored lace weight just full of deep intense colors.  I can't wait to knit it up.  I picked up another spinners control card to have with my Traditional, and I got some felting supplies.  I finally decided to give it a try.
Oh yes, I managed to take a picture of the Cherry Leaf Shawl on display.  That wasn't the one that was sold.  It was the Pink Ball of Fluff!  I was so happy to get a final finished shot of the Cherry Leaf Shawl.

No comments: