Monday, September 6, 2010

Fiber Festival Season

The Fiber Festival Season is winding down. This past weekend, it was chilly enough that I could wear my new sweater. Comfy and stylish. I loved the zipper, and may be using more in the future. Maybe I can finish something else before Northern Michigan Lamb and Wool.
I mostly worked in the store, freeing Evelyn to keep all in order. Luckily she popped in a few times when we were swamped. I managed to do pretty well I think.
Working in the store helped the wallet too. A couple of my favorite vendors had to leave early, so I never got to see them--Mohair in Motion and Counting Sheep Farm. I heard the cherry leaf shoulder shawl I made as floor model for Betty Todd's Mohair in Motion, and posted numerous pictures of here, actually was sold. Apparently a customer kept begging to buy it until she relented. Didn't know I was such a sought after knitter.
Or, more likely it was the beautiful rayon blend yarn.
Anyway, once I did get out and about I found a couple of great patterns, one is a hoodie vest, with zipper, and the other is a cap sleeve cardigan, with a cabled yoke. And both come in real people sizes. (In other words, big enough for me.)
Time for some stash diving.

No comments: