Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Book Review--Christ the King

I never thought I would be reviewing books by Anne Rice. I never thought I would even read books by Anne Rice. Not my genre of choice.
But a week or 2 ago at spinning guild, Rachel mentioned that she had returned to her Catholic roots and that her newest book was supposed to be pretty good.
Well, I stopped by the library and checked out both if the books in the Christ the King series: Out of Egypt and Road to Cana. What wonderful and thought provoking reads.
The books both tied in legends of Jesus, and the Bible references of this period that isn't really covered in detail in the Bible. I was captivated by the books and highly recommend them to everyone.
I am eagerly waiting to see if there are more to follow in this series.

No comments: