Sunday, June 14, 2009

World Wide Knit in Public Day

I almost missed it. It was yesterday, and I did have a place to take my knitting, even though I didn't get any pictures.
It was kind of a weird occasion.
We got an invitation for my stepdaughters oldest son's graduation party.
What is weird about that? We haven't seen him since he was about 6 months old, when she lost custody. We didn't even know she was in contact with him. Hubby looked at the picture and read the invite and didn't even know who he was.
So, since I was going to a graduation party where I didn't even know if I would know anyone there, I took my knitting.
That gave me an excuse not to eat. When the step daughter married Billy's dad, I overheard talk that some of the chicken they were ready to cook was green. After that, I didn't think I wanted to try anything here. Having busy hands keep me from eating and also gave me something to do. It looked good, all Mexican food, but I just couldn't bring myself to eat.
We didn't know anyone but Hubby's daughter and family and Billy's dad. I didn't feel as uncomfortable as I thought I would, but once I had a funky stitch and needed a crotchet hook, I put my knitting away (The Hot Rod Cardigan). Once I had nothing to do with my hands, I was ready to go home.
But I didn't get lots of work done while it lasted.

No comments: