Friday, July 15, 2016

Knitting Mojo, With Chickens

It is amazing what much cooler temperatures will do to my knitting enthusiasm. Not to mention laying aside the large warm wool Baby Hap for a lightweight wool baby dress.

Seed stitch on size four needles grows slowly but I have merely a quarter inch before I switch to stockinette for another five inches. That should go much faster. Hopefully I can finish before my Little Peanut gets here.

This morning I had to coax the girls out of the coop. Okay, I bribed them with some scratch. But they spent more time outside today than they have in a long time, instead of sweltering in the coop.

The reason, of course, is that Rocky is sleeping in the freezer now instead of the coop.

Not much left after the feathers are gone, is there?

In the meantime, we wait to see if Mumps .......

......should be renamed Montgomery, if indeed "he" is a rooster.
He sure is pretty though.
And on the bright size, the flock is down to nine, which is the recommended maximum for the coop. The remainder of the flock looks much more calm today too.

No comments: