Monday, April 20, 2015

The Small Things in Life

It has been a great birthday, although nothing special was done. Laundry, split wood with Hubby, reading, old movies, and of course, playing with yarn. But the part I liked best was when Younger Son decided to take a vacation day because his machine at work has been torn down since Saturday. No need to take him to work since Hubby is at the auction tonight. And best of all, no morning run to pick him up from work at 6am.

Life is good.

Birthday Poem: It's the Small Things

My favorite present has to be

That Younger Son is taking a vacation day.

What a feeling it is to me

Knowing tomorrow morning, in bed I can stay.

No wake up calls at 5 o'clock.

A birthday gift received with delight

As the alarm I can block

And cling a bit longer to sleep tonight.

No comments: