Sunday, January 26, 2014

Picking Up Where I Left Off

After finishing the newest hat for Lil Farm Gal, I decided to return to my featherweight cardigan. I have called mine the Duchess of Cambridge cardigan, because I started it a while ago and worked on it while watching the Royal Wedding of William and Kate. When I had last picked up, I think it was late September, while waiting for my October Mystery Knit-A-Long to begin. At that time I only had a few inches to add before the ribbing.

Friday evening I started the ribbing and yesterday I cast off the body. As always Gertrude modeled for the camera.

Once the sleeves are done, I have to pick up stitches along the fronts and around the collar and knit for about 3 1/2 inches. I will probably either use 1X1 ribbing or seed stitch instead of the stockinette the pattern calls for, so it won't curl.

But already my mind is casting around for something new to start. I have a skein of Noro sock yarn in blues, purples, greens, and a touch of red.

After listening to my Craftsy class (Shawlscapes by Stephen West) I am inspired to muddle along and create a shawl using the Noro and a couple skeins of Mini Mochi in green tones. At least I will start with the Noro. I may switch to another border color before I finish.

But for now, let me get back to my sleeves.

No comments: