Monday, July 15, 2013

Lil' Roscoe's Baby Surprise

I have been hard at work knitting the first sweater for my impending grandchild (AKA Lil' Roscoe). It is the one and only Baby Surprise Jacket designed by Elizabeth Zimmermann. It is such a fun knit.

It looks like nothing hanging from the needles. But give it a few flips and folds and....bam! It's a sweater.

I have been knitting for only a week and am a bit beyond this. I should easily have it done before the end of the week. By then, I should work on Older Son's Best Bud's baby sweater. After all that baby is due in a couple months. Interestingly enough, the difference in age between these long time friends will be about the same as the difference in the age of their babies.

But for now, back to the grandchild's knitting.

No comments: