Friday, April 19, 2013

A Cable Fable

Now I have read blogs where the knitter tells about discovering, several rows down, a mis-twisted cable.  And how, to my horror, they just dropped down the offending stitches to the cable, retwisted and knit back up to the rest of the stitches. 
I could not imagine doing that.  But, as you can see below, I did.
The first picture shows my four stitches dropped back five rows (and two twists). It also shows the two double-points I used to knit them back up.  (edited:  Blogger reversed the pictures.  First picture is second. Second is first.  Confused?)
And the second picture is the repaired piece.  That picture was taken while I was in recovery.
Whew.  There is a moral there somewhere.  All fables have them.  But I'm too weak to figure out what it is.

No comments: