Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Coasting Along

I had a brief moment of panic yesterday. March is half finished and in a couple weeks I will be end of two months since starting my Rustic Shawl Collar Cardigan. Of course, I am past the half way point of the sweater. Sleeves are joined and neckline and shoulder deceased have begun. I am however in the phase where there are a huge honking number of stitches on the needle.

While I did gain knitting time toward my goal of six sweaters this year with the first speedy choice, I don't want to squander the whole extra month on one sweater. I still have the raglan yoke to finish, then stitches need picked up for button bands and shawl collar. While the yoke will go faster and faster, that shawl collar, with short rows, will still have a bunch of stitches. I also want to add front pockets, if it looks like the yarn will hold out.

And since the above picture is kind of color challenged, I am showing the buttons because the background is better color.

Sounds like a lot to do. Yikes! Will I get off schedule this early in the year?

I'm glad the next sweater up is a toddler Wallaby. That may get me back on schedule.

 

No comments: