Sunday, August 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Aunt Glenna

Today is my crazy Aunt Glenna's 90th birthday.   Being somewhat feisty, she did not want an open house for this monumental event.  Instead many of her nearby descendents and nieces and nephews went to a nearby restaurant and had lunch together.
A great time was had by all.
I spent many summer vacations working in her and Uncle Norm's cherry orchards.  I climbed her ladders, drive her motorcycle (a Honda 55), picked blackberries and made pies.  In the falls, I spent several weekends working the farmers market with them.  I learned to knit 2 needle mittens at her home.  Heck, she may have taught me the Allen Cousin's Improved Method of knitting. 
A cousin and I once used all her spare thread trying out the embroidery stitches on her sewing machine.  We gussied up Uncle Norm's worn dress shirts, then wore them to the cherry orchard.
She has great smiley wrinkles.
She may be moving a little slower, she may be getting a little stooped, but she is still a grand old lady. 
My crazy Aunt Glenna.
I want to be her when I grow up.


No comments: