Thursday, July 26, 2012

Will I? Won't I?

The jury is still out on whether I plan to knit along with the Summer Games of that organization that does not want any association with knitters.  (Hint, they start in London tomorrow.)   I have plenty of knitting to keep me busy; I won't even go into all my WIPS.
Since finishing my Color Affection #1 on Monday, I have grazed among my projects. 
Tuesday was devoted to my Duchess of Cambridge featherweight cardigan.   Easy peasy no brainer knitting.  Another inch or two was added to the length.  I think my hesitation with this stems from not knowing what endings I want,  if I want lace or patterned sleeve edge and bottom edge.  Or just ribbing.  And the neck/front band: I want a non-rolling edge.  So...lace or seed or garter or what?  Decisions, decisions.
Yesterday I worked on my Paisley triangle, see picture below.  It's a bamboo, merino, silk blend that was dyed by Yarn Hallow.  It took a minute to find my place on the chart, but then went swimmingly.
And earlier this evening I picked up my current sock in progress for a few rounds.
But back to where I started.   I am almost decided I want to take some of my precious handspun and make the Rumpus Recipe shawl.  It's a pick-your-option sampler shawl, by Spunky Eclectic.  Different cast-ons. Different endings. Different middles.  Different colors.
Problem is I haven't seen the pattern because it isn't posted yet. But if I like what I seen, I think the answer will be yes, I will.  But I will simply compete against time and myself in my own private knitting  oly----s. 

No comments: