Friday, December 16, 2016

More Knitting

Yesterday, I picked up my older granddaughter from school and we went Christmas present shopping.  Teens are hard to shop for and since I had given her a gift card for her birthday, I wanted an actual present for Christmas.
She had mentioned, when I asked a few weeks ago, that she would like a white cardigan, plain, long with no buttons.  
I can do that I said, so yesterday, off we went to the LYS.  For non-knitters, that stands for Local Yarn Store. 
And she is a quick shopper.  I showed her a possible pattern (Harvest, by Tin Can Knits) and she liked it.  Before I knew it we had decided on yarn, a charcoal color, with a near black for patch pockets.  Then we talked hats.  She found that she liked slouchy hats, and the Sockhead hat also a free pattern on Ravelry.  After a quick trip to the sock yarn section, we had added an extra skein for a hat.
 
Turquoise for hat, and the grays for her sweater.
After the shopping portion of the evening was done, we visited my Aunt Glenna at the assisted living center where (of course) we found her going for a walk.  Then we completed our "girl's night out" with an early supper.
 
Now if you excuse me, I have some knitting to get busy with.

No comments: