Sunday, February 24, 2013

Knitting and NASCAR

The Daytona 500 is almost ready for opening ceremonies.  I can hardly wait.
The picture below shows some of the progress on my Rustic Shawl Collar Cardigan.  I actually have knitted to ten inches now.  I hope to join the sleeves in another week.
I really love this yarn. The brown Shetland and white lambs wool give an irregular color patterning.  A nice tweedy blend.  It was fun to spin and equally fun to knit.  I hope there is at least a couple of skeins left.  I would like to gift them to the friend and knitter who gifted me with the lambs fleece to blend with my Shetland.
And one brief editorial comment.
When did the National Anthem stop  sung at sporting events and becone a performance?  Even if hard to sing, I loved when everyone knew the words and sang along.

No comments: