Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Why Farmmom is so Gray

Sons will do that to you. And this pas weekend, Younger Son added several more to my "silver highlights" as I like to call them.
He has (HAD!!) a moped/scooter. I always worried that while riding home after dark, he would get hit by a deer, or a car would pop up and not see him well on the dark country roads. I never imagined he would get hit in town, on a street with lights.
But he got rearended and I ended up with him from 2am until 6pm Sunday. No sleep, chairs in the ER do not give the family member a place to lean their head, and I was to nervous most of the time. Plus I had no knitting or reading material!! It was an extremely long day.
Luckily he came through with no surgery needed. Two compression fractures, with the break no where near the spinal cord. Thank you, Lord!
He is back home, and walking, with the help of a walker that I told him makes him look like an old fart. He was in too much pain to care. Now to worry about his job and paying bills. He has no insurance, and neither do we, except our car insurance.
The next most exciting part was trying to find the main hospital lobby, but my driver, a friend of my son's, and I had to go to 3 different lobbies, on the same street, before we could find the right main lobby.
I am more and more of a small town girl all the time.

1 comment:

oak haven alpacas said...

I'm so sorry Linda!! How scary. I'm so glad he's home and it wasn't as bad as it could have been.


Cara