Friday, August 26, 2011

Farewell Friend

My FaceBook friends have already heard the sad news.  But I want to post something here as well.  That is the unhappy fact that my dear little dog, Gilbert the Wonder Dog is no more.

He started ailing last Sunday, and when he wouldn't even eat ice cream from Hubby, I knew I had to get him to vet.  On Monday I was able to get an afternoon appointment, and skipped Spin Guild to come home and get him.  He met me at the door, somewhat unsteadily, and returned to the bedroom, where he lay next to the bed.  An hour later, as I looked for him to get ready to take him to the vet, we found him under the bed, already gone. 
Gilbert Armenus Hagen 8 Dec 2002 to 22 August 2011
He has been my bitty buddy for over 8 years.  I miss him terribly.

2 comments:

oak haven alpacas said...

I am so sorry, Linda!!! We lost our family dog, Dottie last October and I still look for her each day. They are such a part of our lives.

Cara

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Gilbert. He was an excellent friend. He is probably eating ice cream in heaven right this minute and thinking of you.